Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I was offered to work for an oil company at port Harcourt, Delta, River State, southwest Nigeria. Is it safe?

Has anyone been there? What should I expect in terms of social life, weather, disease hazards, ...etc??I was offered to work for an oil company at port Harcourt, Delta, River State, southwest Nigeria. Is it safe?
If you're going to live there, be careful about your living habits. Because some small things to us are very illegal over there.


The HIV/AIDS rate in Nigeria is much lower compared to the other African nations such as Kenya or South Africa whose prevalence (percentage) rates are in the double digits. Nigeria, like many developing countries, also suffers from a polio crisis as well as periodic outbreaks of cholera, malaria, and sleeping sickness. As of 2004, there has been a vaccination drive, spearheaded by the W.H.O., to combat polio and malaria that has been met with controversy in some regions [2].I was offered to work for an oil company at port Harcourt, Delta, River State, southwest Nigeria. Is it safe?
HI,,, where are you from??





It is safe for the most part.. i would not venture out too far away though.. They just released some men they kidnapped off a drilling rig a few days ago...





I would choose a different place to go is what I recommend...





and I am in the oil business ....





good luck
It is safe for the most part of it. But dont get careless you could be kidnapped.





Which of the oil companies will you work with?


Shell,Texaco,Agip,Elf,Mobil????
it is not safe


social life is a friendship with your bottle


weather is lousy


disease hazards, many.


be careful
I haven't been there. It's not safe. No social lifes. Decease hazardrs yes. They better pay real good for that. If you need the money badly enough and have reasonable common sense you might survive.
I travel/live there,speak some Yoruba,know most senior influentials,arms in the boot of my car,driver best friend,do not and never did and never will work for any oil company,never ever walk alone in places I do not know,never feel safe and wish I was born with eyes in the back of my head.
NO
The only thing I can assure you is that at one point in Nigerian Oil industry , you will be kidnapped at least once .

No comments:

Post a Comment